Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tulip Baby Sweater





























Our friend Donna T. reminded me that I never posted a picture of my finished Tulip Baby Sweater. Well I gave it away this morning so I got a couple of pictures of it, thanks to Donna for reminding me!

This was such a fun and very easy sweater pattern. I can see why a lot of people have been knitting it! I will definitely make more. It made a very nice baptismal gift!




















I also knit a Moebius Cowl this weekend. I knit if from some beautiful cashmere for my friend Melanie in Vermont. Figured I'd better get it finished as it it already cooling down here so I can imagine that Vermont will be even cooler, sooner. This is a free pattern by Cat Bordi and it took me a good five times to get the cast on right! I screwed around with it all yesterday morning before I finally figured it out. And I could swear I had done it before! I had initially thought I would teach this at Craft Center but NO WAY can I teach something I can't figure out until I tried it FIVE times!!

































This the yarn I used and this below is sort of what the Moebius looks like:
















Not a very good picture!

Talk to you later,

Lynda

There are two things that will be believed of any man whatsoever,

and one of them is that he has taken to drink. - Booth Tarkington









3 comments:

Lotzastitches said...

Love that Tulip sweater. I've been eyeing up that pattern for awhile.

The mobius looks interesting also. I've got a skein of Brooks Farm yarn (stitches midwest 2006) that is looking to be something like that. That cast on sounds tricky though.

Unknown said...

My tulip sweater is almost finished, but the thought of weaving in all thise ends,,,,,ugh. Your sweater is simply lovely

Lynda said...

Thanks for the compliments! I love that sweater!
I think there are other Moebius type cast ons that could give you the same results. Just have to do some research on that!