Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dog Lovers Unite!













Shiny dogs home from grooming.



















Sleeping Cookie.


































Aren't they handsome?
Had the doggies groomed today. We have had a couple of pretty balmy days for us-weather in the 40s yesterday and record breaking 50s today. So of course the back yard is a mucky, dirty mess. I have to make the hair appointment for the dogs at least a week and a half ahead so I had no idea that the weather was going to be this warm the day of the haircuts! The young women that do the grooming said that Eddie cried all through both his and Bibi's grooming. What a big woos! So as soon as they got home they made a B-line for the back yard! I thought, Great I paid all that money so that they can get all muddy immediately! Apparently they ran for the back yard because they really had to go potty. I suppose they were holding it the whole time they were being prettified! They came right back in and with the minimum of damp feet-no mud. They have stuck really close to me the rest of the day!

Last night was the first part of the televised Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. It was also the regular meeting night for the Madison Knitters Guild. Nancy Bush of Socks on the Road and Knitting Vintage Socks, and most recently
Knitted Lace of Estonia was the guest speaker. I LOVE Nancy Bush's work-She is a wonderful writer, designer and speaker! I was really torn! Should I miss the Dog Show to see Nancy Bush? The show is once a year-I heard Nancy speak about a year, maybe two years ago. Maybe I would be able to see the dog show online? Well, I went to Madison and it was a wonderful talk. Plus the show and tell was really something last night!
I got home about 10:30 and turned the TV on to knit in bed for a little while till I got sleepy and LO and BEHOLD There was Westminster being re-run on CNBC!! Yay!
I got to have my cake and eat it too! So much fun, in one evening!

Talk to you later-I gotta go watch the Best in Show!
Lynda

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)



No comments: