Monday, July 06, 2009

What To Do Today...

I am sitting here at my computer, listening to the birds sing. My dog, Ed is laying in the window like a cat, licking his paws.

We have some newly fledged robins begging their parent so to feed them.

Brian ran out and got me an iced coffee to enjoy as I work, my third coffee of the day!

I have to make reservations at the hotel TODAY for my nephew's wedding in two weeks in Green Bay.


I have been looking at Ravelry today and found some free patterns from Rowan! Some are pretty awful, but some are pretty cute too.




















I am going to walk on the treadmill today for the first time since surgery. I am starting to feel more like normal every day (except for needing naps, which I never do normally).

I read the review of a new book I want to get called The Moon Under Her Feet by Clysta Kinstler.
The blurb says: Narrative weaving the biblical account of Mary and Jesus, the Egyptian myth of Isis and Osiris, and the Sumerian story of Inanna and Dumuzi to create an exotic tale of a strong, sensual woman. Sounds interesting.

I am reading a Miss Marple called Nemesis, and a book by Colette called Cheri.

My sweet peas are just starting to bloom and the nasturtiums are starting as well. Hollyhocks have been open outside the kitchen for a couple of days!



I am listening to Pandora and my station is called Heart of Gold for Neil Young. Nice kind of folk rock type stuff.

I am off to get cleaned up and run a load of laundry. I will hang most of it on the line-except socks, socks are just too tedious to hang on the line!

Just saw a mole run across the driveway from our neighbor Tim's shrub to our grass. Very cute. I always think that the more wild life in our yards, the healthier the landscape is...I have been seeing a hummingbird in my monarda too!

I am thankful that I have the energy to do what needs to be done and even if I need a nap, I CAN work...

Hope you have a beautiful day, talk to you later,
Lynda


No comments: